Friday, November 18, 2011

Sewing Inspiration: Betty Draper

I am kind of obsessed with the AMC television show, "Mad Men".  Like seriously.  I currently have season 4 on my iPhone and I watch it while I'm on my elliptical machine.

All kidding aside, "Mad Men" has fantastic costuming and is great inspiration for sewing ideas.  I admit I dislike Betty Draper as a person, but I love her clothes.  Here's my Betty Draper inspiration wall...

Season 2

Season 1?

Season 3

Season ??

Season 2

The only major problems I find with these silhouettes are (a) you need a petticoat of some sort to add volume to the skirts, and (b) you need a bullet bra to properly fill out the bust.  I read a fantastic article over at Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing on bullet bras vs. t-shirt bras.  It was both funny and informative.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment